Fairstone Reviews, Ratings And Fees
Monday-Friday 8 am to 8 pm (EST)
Hours may vary by branch
With over 240 branches coast to coast, Fairstone offers secured and unsecured personal loans from $500-$50,000, designed to suit today’s borrowing needs. A personal loan from Fairstone can give you the money you need with affordable payments that fit your budget.
What can I use a personal loan from Fairstone for?
- Consolidate debt and bills into one manageable monthly payment
- Cover emergencies and unexpected expenses
- Manage home or auto repairs
- Plan ahead for special events like a wedding, travel or a new baby
Why Canadians choose Fairstone:
- A quick and secure loan application online or at 240+ branches
- Flexible payment options – choose from a variety of payment frequencies to suit your needs and budget
- Unsecured personal loans, secured personal loans and mortgages, so you can find the loan that suits you
- One-on-one local service from Fairstone’s knowledgeable Lending Specialists
- Almost 100 years of Canadian lending experience
Get a loan quote
Getting a loan from Fairstone is quick, simple and secure.
Apply for a loan in 3 steps:
- Get a loan quote
- Find out how much money you could qualify for in minutes – no obligation, no impact to your credit score
- Complete the loan process online or in-branch and have your money as soon as today
What makes Fairstone different from other lenders?
With almost 100 years of lending experience in Canada and a 98.7% customer satisfaction rate*, you can feel confident you’re borrowing from a responsible lender. Whether you get a loan online or in branch, you’ll receive one-on-one service from a knowledgeable Fairstone Lending Specialist.
What’s the difference between a secured vs. unsecured loan?
A secured personal loan is backed by an asset, typically your house, giving your lender greater confidence that you’ll make loan payments on time. As a result, secured personal loans typically offer lower interest rates. At Fairstone, homeowners can also borrow more money – up to $50,000 – and choose a longer loan term with a secured personal loan.
An unsecured personal loan is backed by a written agreement or contract. At Fairstone, renters and homeowners can borrow up to $20,000 with an unsecured personal loan. No homeownership is required to take out an unsecured personal loan and there are no pre-payment penalties.
Compare Fairstone loan products to find out which one is right for you
|Product details||Unsecured personal loan||Secured personal loan|
|Interest rate||26.99% to 39.99%||19.99%-24.49%|
|Term||6-60 months||36-120 months|
|Repayment terms||Bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly||Bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly|
|Fees||None||Varies by province|
|Time to process||< 1 day||3+ days (varies by location)|
|Guarantee||14 days||3 days|
What documents are required for a personal loan?
To complete your loan, you’ll need to verify your personal identification, employment and income, and housing information, including:
- Personal identification (E.g., valid Canadian driver’s license or Canadian passport)
- Employment and income verification (E.g., current pay stub, T4/T4a, CPP statement, notice of assessment)
- Mortgage or rent verification
© 2021, ™/® Fairstone Financial Inc.